Our Strategic Direction
Community Foundation Grey Bruce encourages endowment building and facilitates philanthropic partnerships within all communities in Grey and Bruce, now and for future generations.
Community Foundation Grey Bruce grants to a wide variety of nonprofit organizations in Grey and Bruce.
Community Foundation Grey Bruce provides leadership in identifying community issues and convening discussion.
Community Foundation Grey Bruce strives for flexible, transparent governance and leadership practices that welcome volunteer involvement, encourages dialogue among diverse voices in the community and inspires commitment to philanthropy.
Community Foundation Grey Bruce’s purpose is to help people realize their philanthropy wishes and enable them to become involved in building their community through endowments.
Endowments allow the Foundation to fund a multitude of worthy causes. Through community foundation endowments are pooled together so a bigger amount can be invested so that a maximum return can be created. The investments are managed by professionals and only the earned income is used, the initial principal is not.
Because the initial principal is not touched, the Foundation can continue giving money through grants where it is most needed. Currently the Community Foundation Grey Bruce manages $16 million in assets.
2020 Strategic Plan
1. Employ our assets creatively to strengthen our community
- Build capacity to undertake impact investing
- Utilize Vital Signs to probe current issues
- Utilize our understanding of community for strategic grantmaking
- Foster partnerships to increase impact
2. Tell our story
- Become the top of mind philanthropic organization in Grey Bruce
- Activate our network of community ambassadors
- Build a story bank about our impact
- Implement donor stewardship practices
3. Include everyone in the discussion about community vitality
- Engage all ages in a discussion about philanthropy
- Diversify volunteer base to reflect our communities
- Strengthen relationships with education partners
- Explore creative philanthropic partnerships with Indigenous communities
4. Ensure our capacity to address future change
- Minimize our environmental footprint
- Clarify our values and vision
- Facilitate relationships with broader CF movement
- Increase our asset base
- Increase number of community funds
- Support robust not-for-profit sector
- Ensure continuity in leadership
We welcome the opportunity to share the Foundation’s direction with you in more detail. To arrange a presentation for your service club, non profit or community group, please contact Stuart Reid, Executive Director at 519. 371.7203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.