Saugeen Shores Community Fund Seeks New Members
The Saugeen Shores Community Fund is an endowed fund invested with Community Foundation Grey Bruce that generates grants that are distributed to charities and non-profits in the Saugeen Shores community. The Saugeen Shores Community Fund exists to enrich the quality of life for people of all ages in Saugeen Shores by supporting projects that address all aspects of community wellbeing including children’s interests, poverty reduction, education and life-long learning, arts and culture, sports and recreation, health, social services and the environment.
John Van Bastelaar of the Saugeen Shores Community Fund adds “I am looking forward to making the Saugeen Shores community fund a vibrant entity giving individuals an opportunity to contribute to the wellbeing of our town now and into the future through donations and endowment funds. This will be a fund that keeps on giving!”
The Fund Management Committee supports Community Foundation Grey Bruce’s objectives in asset building and grant making believing in the Foundation’s philosophies and values. The Saugeen Shores Community Fund Management Committee is seeking new members.
Ideal candidates for committee service:
- Know the community of Saugeen Shores and its shared local histories.
- Possess the ability to consider issues beyond their individual community, personal and professional interests, to impact charitable needs and opportunities throughout the community.
- Exemplify the virtues of trust and confidence.
- Have demonstrated community service by serving on committees or boards.
- Will work to encourage philanthropy in their community.
- Will take an active role in advancing the Community Fund’s mission and impact.
Interested candidates, with professional or volunteer experience, and/or knowledge of philanthropy, fund raising, or marketing and communications, are encouraged to apply. The Saugeen Shores Community Fund is dedicated to building a committee that reflects gender equity and the diversity of our community, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Apply by April 2, 2021. Please submit a written expression of interest including relevant qualifications and previous community service to the attention of the Saugeen Community Fund Management Committee at email@example.com