Student Position: Marketing & Communications Intern
Opportunity to develop a well-rounded understanding of non-profit communications, media relations and community outreach.
Who we’re looking for:
· An interest in Community Philanthropy and the non-profit/charitable sector
· Strong writing skills with a knack for “telling the story”
· Proficiency producing and editing digital content (social media, web)
· Outgoing with a desire to interact with community members
· Team player
· Organized with ability to follow through
Specifics of what you’ll help us with:
· Travel as part of the organization’s “Road Show” crew to various Grey Bruce communities to celebrate Foundation-supported projects, regional festivals and events
· Key role in developing written and visual content for social media, web site, e-newsletter
· Develop video stories to profile a donor, a grant recipient and a volunteer
· Help build awareness of endowment opportunities
· Promote granting opportunities for local non-profits and charities
Currently pursuing post-secondary education, with a preference for a student studying Journalism, Media Arts, Public Relations, Communications or Media Studies.
As this position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age, be registered as a full time student and plan to return on a full-time basis the next academic year. Full Canada Summer Jobs eligibility can be viewed at: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs/eligibility.html
Term of Position: Start date of July 3
8-week position based on 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility to attend special events as required. $14/hour
How to apply:
A resume and covering letter to be sent by email to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on June 8, 2018. Please include job title, Marketing & Communications Intern, in subject line.