Community Foundation Seeks Board Members
Community Foundation Grey Bruce is seeking passionate members of our communities to become involved in our committees and Board of Directors. The Board of Directors of the Community Foundation Grey Bruce aims to represent the entire region of Grey Bruce, encompassing local municipalities and First Nations.
Ideal candidates for committees and board service:
- Know their communities and shared local histories
- Possess the ability to consider issues beyond their individual community, personal and professional interests to impact charitable needs and opportunities throughout the region
- Exemplify the virtues of trust and confidence
- Have demonstrated community service by serving on committees or boards
- Will work to encourage philanthropy in their community
- Will take an active role in advancing the Community Foundation’s mission and impact
We convene discussion on community vitality through our Vital Signs work. Our Vital Focus on Youth report is now available on our website for download. Our specific charitable purposes include children’s interests, poverty reduction, arts and culture, sports, community betterment, education, health, and the environment. Candidates interested in any of these fields, with professional or volunteer experience, and/or knowledge of philanthropy, finance and investment, fund development, or marketing and communications, are encouraged to apply. Board members serve unpaid three-year terms.
Established in 1994, Community Foundation Grey Bruce builds community vitality now and for future generations by encouraging endowment building and facilitating philanthropic partnerships within Grey and Bruce Counties. The Foundation grants to a wide range of non-profit organizations in Grey Bruce. The Foundation also provides leadership in identifying community issues and convening discussion.
More than $4,425,000 has been distributed since the Community Foundation began making grants in 1994. Last year we awarded over $726,000 in grants to regional charities and non- profits. We’re here for good.
Apply by August 30, 2019. Please submit a written expression of interest including relevant qualifications and previous community service to:
Stuart Reid, Executive Director
Mailing address: Community Foundation Grey Bruce, P.O. Box 81, Owen Sound, ON N4K 5P1