Owen Sound Community Fund
Created in 2009 from proceeds from Owen Sound's 150th Anniversary Homecoming, the Owen Sound Community Fund exists to enrich the quality of life for the people of the City of Owen Sound by supporting projects of not-for-profit charitable organizations within the City. The Owen Sound Community Fund is managed by a Fund Management Committee made up of volunteers from within the Municipality.
The community fund is in place to help the citizens of Owen Sound to:
- Keep their charitable donations working in Owen Sound
- Participate in shaping the future by supporting the needs in their own community
- Create a lasting legacy for generations to come
- Receive income tax receipts for donations
How does it work?
All donations to the Owen Sound Community Fund are invested in a pool of funds under the umbrella of the Community Foundation Grey Bruce. The income earned from the capital of the Fund is distributed through grants to applicable not-for-profit organizations within Owen Sound.
How you can donate
- A bequest in your will
- Life insurance policy/annuity
- Charitable remainder trust
- In memorial
- Your donation grows and keeps on giving
- Your gift directly enriches the quality of life in your community forever
- You can direct your gift as you wish for the general good for special interests such as affordable housing, food banks, agriculture, recreation, seniors and education
- You receive a tax receipt for your gift
If you are looking for a way to guarantee that your donation is going directly to benefit your community, then donating to a Owen Sound Community Fund is right for you. Your donations will create a lasting legacy for this and future generations.
News and Events
ANNUAL GRANTS: Grants are distributed each year for qualified charities and organizations within the
Owen Sound, through Community Foundation Grey Bruce, as recommended by the Fund Management Committee.
Information and application here.
To be Announced.